Marketing strategies should be tailored to the evolving needs of students to provide their parents with a sense of security and the goals of your college or university.
10 digital marketing strategies for colleges, universities that will work in 2023
From India Today Web Desk: Digital marketing is an essential part of a successful marketing strategy for colleges and universities in 2023. With the increasing use of technology and internet in higher education, it is important for colleges and universities to have a strong online presence and use digital marketing techniques to promote their Reach and engage with target audience who are students.
Our digital marketing strategies should appeal not only to the students but also to the parents as in India usually the father pays for the college and thus has a very strong say in the choice of college.
HERE ARE 10 DIGITAL MARKETING STRATEGIES THAT CAN BE EFFECTIVE FOR COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES IN 2023:
1. Creating an Authoritative Website: A good website reflects the image of your university and college among its target group. A catchy website with the desired information about the college/university also attracts more attention.
2. Increase in visibility in Google search engines: To attract more students, it’s important to make sure your college or university is easily found online. One way to do this is to work on your SEO and make sure your website ranks as high as possible on search engine results pages. Also, don’t forget to monitor the performance of the college or university website in search engine results and use tools like Google Analytics to track traffic and conversions generated by the website.
3. Running Google Search Ads: SEO offers exponential benefits to your business in the long run, but it takes a little time! Google ads not only help you increase conversions and profits faster, but also help you calculate and control your costs by providing measurable and actionable data on your marketing, conversions and customer acquisition spend.
4. Google Display and Video Ads for Brand Awareness: Google Display Ads for Brand Awareness – Use Google Display Ads to increase brand awareness. College and university websites get a lot of traffic, so take advantage of this by using Google Display Advertising to get your school in front of potential students.
5. Social Media Marketing: The growth of online traffic has made social media more popular than ever. Social media gives you and your business the opportunity to connect with new audiences, connect with existing customers and grow your own following. Social media marketing platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat have become essential for businesses looking to reach their target audiences. They offer you an instant presence on their website by being present in the news feed and encouraging users to interact through likes, shares and comments.
6. Host webinars or online events: An online webinar or event gives you a great opportunity to interact directly with your audience. Connecting with your audience can help you understand their perspective, needs, and expectations. By taking advantage of this unique opportunity to interact with your audience, you can easily improvise your business strategies and plans that fit your user needs.
7. Implement live student support and chatbots: Use live chat support to provide instant assistance to prospective students and current students who have questions or need assistance. Train staff providing live chat support so they are familiar with college or university programs, policies, and resources. Another great way to use AI in your marketing strategy is to create customer service chatbots. Chatbots can answer questions 24/7, freeing up your customer service team for more complex issues. Additionally, chatbots can help improve the overall customer experience by providing quick and easy answers to frequently asked questions.
8. Direct Targeting Email Marketing: The role of email marketing for universities and colleges is to connect with prospective students to enroll them in various programs. Email is one of the most powerful channels for strategic marketing at universities and colleges. It helps personalize student experiences based on their preferences, dates, and interactions with your educational institution.
9. Collaborate with influencers: Currently, influencer marketing is the most effective tool for businesses to promote brand awareness among their target audience. Reportedly, 80% of young adults today spend most of their time following influencers on social media and trusting their content. Therefore, universities/colleges can exert influence by collaborating with various influencers.
Even as digital marketing strategies change, one thing remains the same.
“Students will always look for an institute that will make them better and adapt them to the changing technologies like Web 3.0 and so on. The parents who are decision makers will want an institution that will make their child’s future secure,” said Pranav Jha – Director of AP WebWorld. Therefore, marketing strategies should be tailored to the evolving needs of students, to provide a sense of security to their parents and the goals of your college or university.
By properly analyzing the latest student trends and online models, we can find out what works well and what doesn’t. This way you can even beat the online institutions to some degree and make your digital marketing strategy and future-proof progress!