Sometimes you may want to replace the original audio of a video with music or voice overs. Fortunately, we can do this by following a few simple steps on our smartphones. Today, we see new creators popping up every now and then on social media, where video uploading and streaming is at its peak. So removing and editing sound from any video is the need of the hour. In this article, let’s take a quick look at how to remove sound from video and add new sound on your Android phone.
Methods to remove audio from video and add new audio
Removing or replacing the sound from a video is easy as pie, be it on Android. All you have to do is download a suitable video editing app, follow the steps, and you’re good to go. Below we have compiled a list of the best apps that can help you do the same.
Using the built-in video editor
Every Android smartphone nowadays has a built-in video/photo editor in Gallery app. In order to remove audio from a video, you need to follow a few simple steps that are given below. We use the Gallery app on an Oppo phone.
1. Open the video in the gallery and select the To edit Button.
2. Now select on the next page soundtrack.
3. Select here none and tap the sound Symbol.
4. Finally, tap Tick button after it shows the sound off Confirmation.
5. Now click on the Save on computer Icon to save the video without sound.
You can also use MIUI Gallery app on Xioami phones to do this.
Use the PowerDirector app
The method mentioned above was a built-in video editor in every Android phone. Now we will discuss some third party apps that you can use to remove audio from any video.
1. Download the PowerDirector app from the Google Play Store.
2. Open the app and tap Getting started.
3. Now tap on the New Project button..
4. Add the here project name and choose one aspect ratio.
5. now Select the video you want to remove the sound from.
6. Now, we have to scroll right.
7. Here we have to choose audio tool.
8th. Now tap on the video bar and select extract audio.
9. After extracting the audio, tap Extinguish Icon to remove the sound.
10 Now tap on the share Symbol.
11. On the next page, select the resolution and tap To produce.
12. Here you will see the video is saved without sound.
Google Photos app
The next app we recommend here is the Google Photos app, which is also present in almost all smartphones these days, as Google has made it mandatory to bundle Google services with every new phone. Now, in this thread, we will discuss the steps on how to use Google Photos to remove sound from a video.
1. open that google photos App on your Android phone or download it.
2. Select the video and tap To edit button below.
3. Here, tap the sound symbol on the left to remove the audio from this video.
4. Now we need to tap save copy to save a copy of the video without sound.
InShot is a widely used video editing app if you want to edit videos on the go. The app has some nifty features and also allows you to strip and mix audio of your choice. A detailed guide with steps if given below.
1. Download the InShot app from the Google Play Store.
2. Next, open the app and tap Video.
3. Here we have to Select the video our choice.
4. After selecting the video, tap Tick mark to continue.
5. Now we need to tap music Button.
6. On the next page we need to tap video bar and select extract audio.
7. Now tap on the extracted one audio bar and select that Extinguish button above.
8th. After deleting the audio, tap checkmark button to continue.
9. Now tap on the next page Save on computer button to save the video without sound.
Filmora is another app that you should look for when you need a video editing/sound editing app for a video on the go. It is also one of the most used video editing apps on mobile devices. To use this app, follow the steps given below.
1. Download the Filmora app from the Google Play Store.
2. Next we must open the app and select New project.
3. now Select the video and tap Next Continue.
4. Here we have to tap music Symbol.
5. Now we have to choose extract audio.
6. Here, tap the audio bar and select that Delete icon.
7. If the audio is now deleted, tap export to save the video.
8th. Choose resolution of your choice and the video will be saved in your gallery.
This was all about how to remove sound from video and add new audio on Android. If you are looking for ways to remove the video and keep the audio, click here. I hope you found this article useful; If yes, share it with your friends. Check out other useful tips linked below and stay tuned to GadgetsToUse for more tech tips and tricks.
You can also follow us for instant technical updates at Google news or for tips and tricks, smartphone and gadget reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram group or subscribe for the latest review videos GadgetsToUse YouTube channel.