what you need to know
- Google has released the latest beta for Android 13 QPR2.
- The beta includes more than a handful of bug fixes and improvements while maintaining the January 2023 security patch.
- The update is available for Pixel 4a and later by signing up for the beta program.
Samsung might have all the attention today, but Google is giving Pixel owners something to look forward to thanks to the release of the QPR2 Beta 3 version. This is the latest Android 13 update ahead of the next Pixel feature drop in March.
The new beta build rolled out on February 1st for eligible Pixel phones, from the Pixel 4a to the Pixel 7 series. According to the release notes, the update comes with a long list of bug fixes and improvements that address issues reported by both developers and users.
Some of the most notable fixes introduced in the new beta build include the following:
- Fixed an issue where notifications in a notification group would sometimes appear with straight corners instead of rounded corners. (Issue #264287776, Issue #265529116)
- Fixed an issue where the message in the notification shade indicating an active VPN connection overlapped with the message about apps with active foreground services. (Issue #266075977)
- Fixed an issue where the overflow menu could not be accessed when editing quick setting tiles. (Issue #263484657)
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused a device with vibration enabled to vibrate for too long after receiving a notification. (Issue #239676913)
Other fixes address issues related to the various Pixel Launcher and system crashes, misleading Bluetooth status, failed notifications from messaging apps, and more.
In addition to the numerous bug fixes, a few new Mishaal Rahman tidbits have been uncovered, which you can find in his Twitter thread. One new detail he’s spotted is the hub mode, which appears to be related to the upcoming Pixel tablet’s docking mode.
Here’s a look at the new “hub mode” settings likely to come to the Pixel tablet. This new top-level settings page consolidates various settings related to docking your tablet. pic.twitter.com/ClsEJpoI9KFebruary 1, 2023
It seems that Google also offers users a full-screen preview of wallpapers to get a better idea of how a wallpaper can appear on the phone.
If you are enrolled in the Android 13 beta program, you can update your eligible Pixel phone by navigating to Settings > System > System update. The update comes with build number T2B3.230109.002 and maintains the January 2023 security patch level.
The Google Pixel 6a is no ordinary mid-range smartphone, with a flagship Tensor chipset, a vibrant OLED display, and a stunning design to match the premium Pixel devices. At this price you get tons of value.