Scholarship 2023: Scholarships are extremely beneficial, especially for students who excel academically but lack financial resources.
Scholarships 2023: Scholarships are very beneficial, especially for students who excel academically but lack financial resources. A good scholarship can change the course of your future career by giving you access to excellent lecturers or even industry experts. Canada is one of the most popular study destinations for Indian students. The Government of Canada offers scholarships and other forms of financial assistance to international students to enable them to study their desired courses at a lower cost. One of the main requirements for awarding scholarships is academic merit. In this article, we have provided you with a list of government funded scholarships available to foreign/international students in Canada.
Scholarships for Indian/International Students in Canada: Checklist of Universities Providing Financial Aid
- Dalhousie University
- University of Victoria
- University of Winnepeg
- University of Manitoba
- Carleton University
Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship
The program provides postdocs from Germany and abroad with funds that make a positive contribution to the country’s economic, social and social development research based Growth. According to the official website, the aim of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program is:
- Attract and retain top-notch postdocs, both nationally and internationally
- Unleash your leadership potential
- Position them for success as tomorrow’s research leaders
Check important details here
- Value: $70,000 per year (taxable)
- Duration: 2 years (Not renewable)
- Website: banting.fellowships-bourses.gc.ca
Vanier Graduate Scholarship
The Canadian government established the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) program in 2008. Vanier Scholars demonstrate leadership qualities and a high standard of academic achievement in graduate programs in the social sciences, humanities, natural sciences and/or engineering and health sciences. It is awarded for a period of three years.
- Value: $50,000 per year
- Duration: 3 years (not renewable)
- Website: vanier.gc.ca/en/home-accueil.html
Shastri Research Student Fellowship
The Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute invites applications for a Shastri Research Student Fellowship (SRSF) for undergraduate, graduate and M.Phil students enrolled in programs at recognized Indian and Canadian universities or institutions to advance in areas/fields conducting research who wish to have academics / need research experience and are taking up or completing an e-course (module/part of a course) or doing an e-internship at Indian/Canadian universities that fall under the SICI network. Check the eligibility criteria here.
- Applicant must be from a member institution of the Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute or constituent colleges/institutes of its members that fall under the Shastri network.
- The applicant should have achieved at least 65% of the points.
- The applicant should not be enrolled in another course/diploma at the same time.
Check important details here
- Value of Prize: 500-1000 CAD (Unless provided by the applicant’s home institution, costs associated with subscription to online meeting software, phone bills, Internet connection, membership fee/registration fee for access to laboratory facilities or libraries will be considered, if any )
- Duration: Up to 8-12 weeks for students.
- Website: shastriinstitute.org
Canadian Commonwealth Scholarship and Grant Scheme
“The Commonwealth Scholarships and Scholarships Scheme allows students of high intellectual potential to study in Commonwealth countries other than their own in order to promote mutual understanding within the Commonwealth,” reads the official website. Visit the official website at cscuk.fcdo.gov.uk for more details.