Knowing how to share location on iPhone is really handy. Maybe you went out at night and broke up with your friends, or you’re in a strange city and need someone to find you. Maybe you just can’t explain exactly where you are because you’re constantly on the move. By sharing your location with an iPhone – one of the best phones out there – others can pinpoint your location on a map.
You don’t need to install an app to access this service (although you could imagine if you wish to do so). How to share location on google maps). That’s because Find My is built into iOS, so all you have to do is make sure that location services are on and the location sharing feature is set up. You can then choose exactly how long you want to share your location and whether you want it to be absolutely accurate. With that in mind, let’s learn how to use Find My to share location on iPhone.
How to share location on iPhone
- Launch the Find My app
- Tap the People tab
- Tap the + icon
- Tap Share location
- Choose who you want to share with
- Tap Send
Before you can follow these steps, you may need to turn on location services and location sharing. We’ve detailed how you can do this below, and covered the steps to share your location in more detail. Read on to see advanced instructions for each step.
How to enable location services
1. To ensure location sharing is active on your iPhone, Open the Settings app and Tap Privacy & security.
2. Tap Location Services at the top of the screen. It may show as active, but tap on it anyway.
3. When location services are down, Turn on the Location Services button (so that it turns green). then scroll down the screen.
4. Tap Find My. in the list of apps on the Location Services screen
5. Choose the level of access you want for the Find My app. You can Choose Ask Next Time or When Sharing. if you want to see a pop-up asking you to allow or deny a location request. Otherwise Select While using the app.
6. now Toggle the Precise Position button. This ensures that the Find My app can determine your exact whereabouts when sharing your location.
How to turn on location sharing
1. Launch the Find My app. and tap me in the lower right corner of the screen.
Toggle Share My Location to on if it is not already active.
2. Tap Location in this pop-up menu. you can now Specify a name, e.g. B. Home, work, school or gym. You can also Tap Add custom label to create your own.
How to share location on iPhone
1. Launch the Find My app and Tap the People tab.
2. If you are ready to share Tap the + icon.
3. In the menu that appears Tap Share Location..
4. In the To: field Enter the name of the person you want to share withthen Choose one of the suggested names if they are relevant. You can also Tap + and select a contact.
5. Tap Send. you can now Choose how long you want to share your location. This can be for just an hour, until the end of the day, or forever.
How to Stop Sharing Your Location on iPhone
1. You can stop sharing at any time. Just Tap the name of the person you’re sharing with on the People tab.
2. now Tap Stop sharing my location.. You will be asked to confirm this tap Stop Location Sharing again.
And now you know how to use Find My to share location on iPhone, but it should be noted that the app is useful in other ways as well. Why not learn how to find your lost or stolen iPhone or find out how to locate your iPhone or friends? The best Apple Watch also adds the Find Devices app to see how it works. However, if you don’t like the service, find out how to turn off Find My iPhone. And if you have an Android phone (or know someone who has one), you should also check out how to find your Samsung phone.