Learning how to use the dynamic island on an iPhone 14 Pro or iPhone 14 Pro Max might sound like we’re going to teach you something pretty basic, but there’s more to this feature than you might think. An upgrade of the notch familiar to many iPhone users, the Dynamic Island includes two cutouts for the selfie camera and Face ID sensors, and a surrounding, interactive area that can display information.
Many apps are starting to use Dynamic Island and it has quickly become one of ours favorite functions on the new iPhone 14 Pro models. It will certainly be interesting to see how the dynamic island can be implemented as more and more developers learn how best to use it. As iOS 16.2 added more Dynamic Island functionality, let’s sit back and walk through how to use the Dynamic Island on an iPhone 14 Pro.
How to use the dynamic island on an iPhone 14 Pro or Pro Max
1. Often the animations displayed in the dynamic island are simply informative, e.g. B. when you use Face ID to unlock your iPhone. In such a case, you simply have to Wait for the animation to finish.
2. But there are circumstances in which you can interact with the dynamic island. For example you could Play a song in Apple Music or Spotifythen Close the application and you will see the melody played on the dynamic island. if you Tap on the dynamic islandyou can open the app again.
3. But wait. there is more Hold down the dynamic island and you can find it expanding. In the case of a music app, you might see a set of controls that let you pause, play, AirPlay, and more.
4. It’s also possible for two apps to use Dynamic Island at the same time. In this case, the dynamic island is divided into two parts and you can do both tap to see more or Tap to open the app depending on their function.
5. You can also Use a feature called Live Activities This is great if you want to follow an active sports report, for example. It updates Dynamic Island in real time. Live Activity is also used by a growing number of parking, flying, training, and task apps, among others.
Read our full guide on customizing Live Activities on your iPhone.
6. It is also possible to close the dynamic island so that no information is displayed. Only Gently touch the edge of the dynamic island and swipe inward. The black area will still remain (you can’t get rid of it), but you can then Gently swipe back to the edge to see the information again.
And here we go. You now know how to use the dynamic island on the iPhone. The dynamic island is sure to become more useful and fun as the developers get to grips with it. If you are reading more iPhone tutorials and really want to get the most out of your iOS device, we have plenty of guides to help you. Learn how to take screen captures with iPhone to capture your greatest mobile gaming moments. Make sure you know how to attach a file in iOS Mail so you can always send important documents on the fly. Discover how to expel water from an iPhone if you drop yours in the toilet. Find out how to clear RAM on iPhone to speed it up again when it’s getting a little sluggish. And check out how to cast Harry Potter spells on iPhone if you’re a little bored of muggle life.