Huawei introduces an improved factory network solution at MWC 2023

[Barcelona, Spain, February 28, 2023] Huawei unveiled its updated Factory Network Solution for the manufacturing sector at Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2023. The solution uses a converged, next-generation architecture that helps eliminate production data silos and unlock the value of data. This facilitates the rapid development of the industrial Internet.

Next-generation converged architecture: integrating information technology (IT) and operational technology (OT) networks for digital intelligent manufacturing

A typical factory network is connected to many types of devices. These networks use a wide range of industrial protocols that have difficulty interoperating with each other. For example, a shop floor may have over 50 types of programmable logic controllers (PLCs) and over 1000 types of production equipment interfaces, forming an intricate network of industrial protocols that lack openness.

Liu Chao, CEO of Huawei Manufacturing Industry Digitalization Business Unit, presented the solutions at the fair

Liu Chao, CEO of Huawei Manufacturing Industry Digitalization Business Unit, says: Huawei has launched its next-generation converged IT-OT architecture. The fully open architecture enables the factory network to connect to any production factor. Now data can be easily collected and shared, and AI enablement is possible.

Huawei’s next-generation converged architecture offers several key features.

• Multipurpose Network: A physical network that carries multiple services

• Simple three-step deployment: plug-and-play, GUI-based centralized deployment, and software-defined networking

• Multiple Convergence Technologies: Including the convergence of wired and wireless networks, IP and optical, and IT and OT

Wi-Fi 6: Build fully connected, intelligent factories and redefine production and delivery processes

The manufacturing sector is turning to flexible processes and intelligent logistics, and requires more wireless devices. Many newer factory scenarios rely on wireless networks, such as B. Automated guided vehicle systems (AGVs), augmented reality/virtual reality (AR/VR) and mobile handheld terminals for inspection. As a result, manufacturers have deployed Wi-Fi networks for smart logistics, indoor positioning, industrial data collection, and computer vision.

READ :  Taylor's enriches the digital talent pool with forward-thinking programs

Nevertheless, there are many obstacles and disturbances in camps. Also, crafting processes require frequent roaming and faster reactions. That’s why Huawei has developed a Wi-Fi 6 solution that redefines production and delivery processes and helps build fully connected smart factories.

F5G All-Optical Network: Building a simplified, secure factory network for higher manufacturing quality and efficiency

Traditional production networks face many challenges. Workshops have many different types of equipment. Also, the production lines are long and require multiple aggregation switches and cabinets. Network cabling is complex and susceptible to electromagnetic interference, and bandwidth is limited. In addition, different networks are required for production, office and security services, resulting in a higher workload for operations and maintenance (O&M).

Huawei’s all-optical factory solution is revolutionizing the way factory networks are built. It revolutionizes the architecture and materials for factory networks and enables simplified operations and maintenance by building a 3-in-1 network that integrates production, office and security. In complex environments like factory workshops, the solution offers 30% more efficient deployment, 30% lower total cost of ownership and 60% more efficient O&M.

Looking ahead, Huawei’s Factory Network Solution will continue to provide manufacturers with enhanced management experiences and help the manufacturing sector advance in its digital journey. For more information, visit: