Maharaja Ganga Singh University, a public university, is inviting online applications for the positions of Professor (Law), Assistant Professor (Law) and Associate Professor (Law).
Position Name: Professor (Law), Assistant Professor (Law) and Associate Professor (Law)
Necessary qualification and experience
• (A) An outstanding scholar with a PhD in the concerned/related/relevant discipline and published work of high quality, actively involved in research and evidence of published work with at least 10 peer-reviewed or UGC-listed research publications Journals and an overall research score of 120 according to the criteria of the UGC Regulations, 2018, Annex II, Table 2. ii) At least ten years of teaching experience at a university/college as an Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor, and/or research experience at an equivalent level the institutions of the university / at the national level with proof that he has successfully guided the doctoral student.
• (B) An outstanding professional with a PhD degree in the relevant/related/applied disciplines from any academic institution (not included in A above)/industry demonstrating a significant contribution to the knowledge in the concerned/related/relevant discipline through documentary evidence, provided that he/she has ten years of experience.
Assistant Professor (Law)
• (A) A Master’s degree with 55% marks (or equivalent grade on a point scale wherever the grading system is used) in an affected/relevant/related subject from an Indian University or equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university. ii) In addition to meeting the above qualifications, the candidate must have passed the National Eligibility Test (NET) administered by the UGC or CSIR, or a similar UGC-accredited test such as SLET/SET, or a Ph.D. degree in accordance with University regulations Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree) of 2009 or 2016 and their occasional amendments, which may be exempted from the NET on a case-by-case basis /SLET/SET : Provided that the for the Ph.D. program prior to July 11, 2009, are subject to the provisions of the then-existing regulations/rules/regulations of the institution awarding the degree and this Ph.D. Candidates are exempt from the NET/SLET/SET requirement for the recruitment and appointment of assistant professors or equivalent positions at universities/colleges/institutions provided the following conditions are met:- a) The Ph.D. Candidate’s degree was awarded in a regular mode; b) The Ph.D. the dissertation has been evaluated by at least two external experts; c) An open Ph.D. oral hearing of the candidate has been conducted; d) The candidate has published two research papers from his/her PhD. Work of which at least one appears in a peer-reviewed journal; e) The candidate has submitted at least two theses based on his/her PhD. Work on conferences/seminars sponsored/funded/supported by UGC/ICSSR/CSIR or similar agency.
• (B) The PhD degree was obtained by one of the following at a foreign university/institution ranked within the Top 500 in the World University Rankings (at any point in time): (i) Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) (ii ) Times Higher Education (THE) or (iii) Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) by Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Shanghai).
Associate Professor (Law)
• Good academic performance with PhD. Degree in the relevant/related/relevant disciplines. ii) A Master’s degree with at least 55% of the points (or equivalent grade on a point scale wherever the grading system is followed). iii) At least eight years of teaching and/or research experience in an academic/research position equivalent to that of an assistant professor at a university, college or accredited research institution/industry, with at least seven publications in peer-reviewed or UGC-listed journals and an overall research score of seventy-five (75) according to the criteria of the UGC Regulations 2018.
How do I apply?
• To apply online, click here
• The last deadline for the online application is March 6th, 2023
To access the official notification, click here