The availability of online courses has made it possible to work and study online at the same time. Many students are now considering continuing their education through an online platform that allows them to choose where and when to study, as they do not need to be physically available to attend the courses. The MBA program is one of the most popular courses among professionals and students.
Candidates who want to assert themselves in the management field complete MBA courses. Candidates nowadays have the opportunity to complete the MBA both offline and online. However, candidates are sometimes confused when choosing between online MBA courses and traditional MBA courses.
An online MBA becomes a boon for students living in areas with limited educational opportunities. The course provides an advanced structure and knowledge of leadership roles. The course is an extensive study of the following majors:
- International Relations
- Analytics and Data Science
- tourism and travel
- human resources management
- operational management
- retail management
What is the main difference between online MBA and regular MBA?
If a candidate decides to pursue a regular MBA, they must attend physical classes on a regular basis. Traditional MBA can be one-year or two-year courses. Today, several colleges offer year-long MBA courses, also known as Executive MBA courses, aimed at working professionals. The 2-year MBA curriculum is the most popular among fresh graduates. However, if a working professional wants to pursue a 2-year MBA course, they have to quit their job to study full-time because they have to attend regular classes.
On the other hand, candidates wishing to complete an online MBA course do not need to attend college or take physical classes. Instead, they can attend classes anytime, anywhere via the Internet. The best part is that you can complete your online MBA at your convenience and pace without interfering with your other commitments.
Many students wonder if an online MBA course is as beneficial as a regular MBA. Both methods are very similar to meet your different needs. However, some aspects such as attendance, fees, flexibility, curriculum, admissions process, mode of delivery, and teaching methods make them different.
Whether an online MBA or a regular MBA course, it can be completed by any graduate from any stream. However, there is a difference between regular and online MBA which is mentioned in the notes below.
- If you are pursuing the full-time MBA program, you must physically attend the courses within a set time. However, when candidates enroll in an online MBA, their courses, assignments, projects, and exams will be held online. This means you are not tied to one visit or a fixed schedule.
- The syllabuses of regular MBA and online MBA courses include both theory and practical training, but the only difference is that online MBAs allow you to do everything online and virtually, giving you a rich experience in software that will help you in the future.
- Candidates pursuing regular MBA programs are required to attend classes and turn in assignments according to the schedule and show up for exams on the dates set by universities/institutes. On the other hand, the online MBA offers a flexible learning environment where you can attend classes, submit assignments, and take exams at your leisure.
- The regular MBA admissions process includes entrance exams, face-to-face interviews, and group discussions. Some institutes have the same admission policies for online courses as for regular MBA programs. However, some colleges also offer direct admission to online MBA programs.
Who Should Choose an Online MBA Degree?
Candidates looking for the best option between a regular MBA and an online MBA should consider the following considerations before committing to the program:
- If a candidate is unable to work or study on a set schedule or lives elsewhere, an online MBA course would be the best option for these candidates.
- Non-technical candidates can opt for a regular MBA degree.
- Depending on your budget, you can choose between both courses. A regular MBA can be expensive as you need to buy textbooks and travel to attend institute/university. However, an online MBA does not require physical textbooks. You can learn via virtual text and audio books.
What are the requirements for an online MBA degree?
The requirements for an online MBA are very similar to those of the traditional degree. Below is the list:
- 10+2+3 passed certificates from a recognized institute
- Candidates must pass CAT/GMAT/XAT to qualify for the course
- 50% total graduation points for the general category
- 45% total score in graduation for reserved categories
Manipal University Jaipur is one of the most reputable universities awarding online MBA degrees. It has been rated NAAC A+ and is trusted by many parents and students. You have a broad alumni network. The course at the university is divided into four semesters. It only requires 15-20 hours per week to complete the course. The faculty of the university pays close attention to the growth of each individual in the class. Each lesson is exciting and thought-provoking. They continually work on their course materials to stay current. University-assigned mini-projects help you understand the realities of the industry.
You can apply for online MBA degree program through Online Manipal. The online platform allows you to study from anywhere at your own pace and earn your master’s degree from one of the best universities in the country – Manipal University Jaipur. Sign up today!