Coffee Talk: Preparation for the Continuing Remote Workforce
Date: Thursday, November 17 at 11am PT / 2pm ET
Be there live to qualify for a $5 Starbucks gift card!*
Companies that did best when COVID-19 sent everyone working from home were those that already had significant investments in cloud computing. During the pandemic, many other companies have been working hard to catch up. Now that the pandemic is better under control, many are expecting a return to their offices.
And many are not.
A large portion of the global workforce, including management, have found working from home to be extremely productive and preferred. For some, this means building on existing investments. For others, it means planning and making significant new investments. In this session, Senior Resultant Howard M. Cohen will examine what needs to be done to thoroughly prepare an organization for ongoing work from home. Topics discussed include:
- Why employees and managers all want work from home to continue
- How companies have to work to motivate employees and make them enthusiastic about the company when they are not in the office every day
- What companies need to do, what systems need to be implemented or adjusted to make working from home as efficient and fully functional as working in the office
- How to properly and effectively secure corporate data with an infinitely expanded attack surface
- Achieve and leverage additional agility in an environment that is not limited by space
About the moderators:
Howard M. Cohen, Sr. Resultant, The TechChannel Partners’ Results Group
Howard is a 40+ year information technology industry veteran who now writes for and about the IT channel. He is a frequent speaker at IT industry events including Microsoft Inspire, Citrix Synergy/Summit, ConnectWise IT Nation, ChannelPro Forums, Cloud Partners Summit, MicroCorp One-On-One, and CompTIA ChannelCon, and frequently hosts and presents webinars for many Providers and Publications .
John K. Waters, Editor at Redmondmag.com
*Prize will be distributed to the first 250 attendees who attend the live event for at least 51% of the entire presentation. Only valid business email addresses from the current employer will be considered. Only one entry per person, not per email address. Must be a US resident. No substitutions allowed. False and/or misleading entries or actions will result in the disqualification of entrants. No purchase is necessary. This offer is not valid where prohibited by law. If there is any suspicion of abuse, fraud or violation of these terms and conditions, we have the right to void the prize.
Time: 11:00 a.m. PT