The Salt Lake City public is invited to the Block Party on Tuesday, January 10 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m
WHAT: Outdoor retailer Snow Show, the premier gathering of the $867 billion outdoor industry, returns to the Salt Palace Convention Center to showcase the latest gear, technology, apparel, footwear and gadgets driving the record trend in consumer participation Support outdoor and winter sports activities. Exhibiting brands from around the world will showcase current products and launch new gear for 2023. Leading representatives and experts from the outdoor industry will provide insights into future trends, sustainability, lobbying and industry forecasts in training events. Additionally, Outdoor Retailer is hosting a Winter Experience on the Mountain at Brighton Resort on Monday 9th January. The Outdoor Retailer Innovation Awards will recognize emerging technologies that are facilitating today’s outdoor experiences on Wednesday evening, January 11th. And Outdoor Retailer is inviting the public to its opening night block party, which will be held in front of the Salt Palace.
WHO TO SEE:
Allred Ski, Baffin, Bearpaw Footwear, BORN Shoes, Danner, Dansko, eVent Fabrics, Fox River, Hurley, Jack Wolfskin, Kavu, LOWA, Moonbikes, Nikwax, Nite Ize, OTIS Eyewear, Overland Vehicle Systems, Pendleton Woolen Mills, Skechers, among other.
WHEN + WHERE:
Monday, January 9th The Summit of Outdoor Retailers: A total winter experience on the mountain, a unique day of fun on the snow and the chance to try the latest equipment through guided experiences and skills clinics.
Time: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m
Location: Brighton Resort
· Details HERE
· Register activities and courses HERE
Monday, January 9th media preview: An exclusive preview of products and trends for 2023 with one-on-one interviews with brand representatives. Brands not exhibiting at the show will also be there; Food and drinks served.
· Time: 5-8 p.m
· Location: Hyatt Regency Salt Lake, second floor
· Media Preview – RSVP HERE
Tuesday, January 10th OR Homecoming Block Party: Open to the public! Join the homecoming celebration when the outdoor trader returns to Salt Lake City. Open to the local community, this industry and community block party features Olympic athletes, drumline, pep rally, DJs, royal court, drone show, food truck, a beer garden and more.
· Time: 6-8 p.m
· Location: 100 South & West Temple in downtown Salt Lake – outside across from the east entrance of the Salt Palace
Wednesday January 11th Presentation of the innovation awards for outdoor retailers: Finalists’ products and services will be on display during the Outdoor Retailer Snow Show; Winner announced live at awards ceremony.
Time: 6 p.m
Location: Hyatt Regency Salt Lake, Salt Lake Ballroom
10-12 January: Fair + training courses and events
Time: 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. on January 10 and 11; 9am – 4pm on January 12th
· Venue: Salt Palace Convention Center
· Schedule HERE
· $862 billion in economic output;
· 1.9% of GDP;
· 4.5 million jobs;
· The outdoor recreation economy contributes more to the US economy than oil and gas exploration, mining and agriculture. Data: US Department of Commerce Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA).
· Outdoor recreation contributes more than $6.4 billion to the economy, employs more than 83,000 people and is the primary driver of the tourism industry. In addition to generating $737 million in state and local tax revenues, outdoor recreation in Utah generates $3.2 billion in wages and salaries.