Viral Nation launches VN Secure, an AI-powered solution for screening social media behavior across major platforms and all media types to help businesses mitigate reputational risk and potential brand crises.
Designed for medium to large businesses and public sector organizations, VN Secure enables marketing, communications, HR and legal teams, among others, to review and monitor the social media activity of brand ambassadors, sponsored influencers, executives and employees, to ensure online behavior is aligned with core values.
The meteoric rise of the social media economy has brought greater demand for responsible engagement and behavior across the proliferating social media platforms. However, because this challenge is so new to businesses, the technologies currently in place barely scratch the surface of what it takes to protect customers and brands alike.
“As if an ongoing pandemic, economic volatility and recession fears weren’t challenging enough, executives across all industries are currently facing another imminent threat: everyone associated with a company poses a real and serious risk to the reputation of the company at any point in time brand through social media,” said Joe Gagliese, co-founder and CEO of Viral Nation. “Frustratingly, the manual social media screening processes they’ve used are inconsistent, expensive, time-consuming, and very prone to unconscious bias. For this reason, I am extremely pleased that Viral Nation has today introduced the most advanced solution on the market to address this growing problem in a compliant, efficient and highly scalable way.”
Key features of the VN Secure platform include:
- A customizable social media background check that allows users to customize tolerance limits and reporting criteria including instances of profanity, intolerance and hate speech, violence, graphic or sexually suggestive content, illegal or regulated substances, specific industry regulations and more. This ensures that an organization’s review process is fully aligned with brand guidelines.
- Full historical analysis and reporting for publicly available data on all major social platforms – including Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, Google News and Twitter – going back to the user’s first social media post.
- AI-assisted analysis of all social media texts, images and transcribed videos as well as tagged posts and comments. Text categories, sentiment and emotion analysis are available in 13 different languages and VN Secure is currently the only screening platform on the market offering video, image and text analysis.
- Analytics and reports that can extend to monitoring future activity to provide users with continuous insight into real-time compliance risks as they arise.
- Contextualized screening capabilities that go beyond one-touch tagging, enabling detection of phrases and sentences, extreme threats, bullying, self-harm, and a range of other key categories.
- A moderation feature that automatically flags and deletes speech posted on any public social media page that violates custom tolerances.
The launch of VN Secure follows Viral Nation’s CDN 250 million (US$198 million) first round of funding from Todd Boehlys Eldridge Industries and Maverix Private Equity to accelerate the public release of SaaS technologies and novel AI-powered solutions .
Viral Nation recently won the Enterprise Fast 15 award as part of the 2022 Deloitte Technology Fast 50 program and is ranked 5th on the list recognizing the fastest growing technology, media and telecommunications companies in Canada by revenue. Growth percentage over the last four years of operation. The global social media technology company is also ranked in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 for 2022 as one of the fastest growing companies in North America.